Reviews, Top Tens, and more! Posts every Monday and Friday at 8:00 AM PST. Follow me on my social medias for updates and other random nonsense.

Monday, February 27, 2017

A Message from LofZOdyssey

Dear Everyone,

Thinking back one year ago, seeing how far this site has gone is unbelievable. But thinking back to when we started, it’s unimaginable. It was and is still great to see even one hit per post. Yet to have a readership that comes back again and again, I’m beside myself. And from what I can tell, we’re only going to get bigger.

The mission for this blog has been to serve as a guide. There are a lot of anime out there. Where does one even begin? Though we haven’t even scratched the surface, I feel we’ve done enough to get our feet wet.

Even after all this time, being able to release a review or article every Monday and Friday without fail is a source of pride for me. Then to have things like Ghibli Month, week-long events, and others, I’d be lying if I said it was always easy. There are now five active series on this site. Granted, some are not as regular as others. Trust me, I want there to be more Out and About posts.

It’s hard to imagine a time when I’m not thinking about this site. But the reason as to why remains the same.

I love anime. Series, film, or out in the world, I love anime. If this forever remains the core, LofZOdyssey will continue for many more years. And I declare now, the day I lose sight of that, is the day I will have to say goodbye.

At this moment, I can’t even imagine that day.

So where do we go from here?

There are going to be changes. Both for the site and in my personal life. Things might get a bit hectic in the coming days. Except, I think they’ll all be for the better.

I mean, I live in the home of anime. Sure, I’ll continue to watch and review. Yet I also have the opportunity to explore. To waste such a chance would be a disservice to myself. But more importantly, it would be a disservice to you.

Because that’s the goal moving forward. You, the reader. My dream is to have LofZOdyssey Anime Reviews be a place people go to discover and discuss. I want to get you involved. I want to interact. I want to be taught. I want to help. I want to be helped. I don’t want this to just be my site anymore. I want this to be our site from now on.

With that said, there's a move I want to make. I know how I want it to look and play out. Except, I’m not sure how to go about doing it. Or how it would affect the existing content. This blog will always be the flagship. But a fleet to go with it would be nice. I can’t go into any more details since all this is still in the planning stages.

And to finish, let me say it again. Let me say it as many time as possible. Let me keep saying it until you get sick of hearing it. Because it will never lose meaning for me.

Thank you. Thank you all so very much.

Here’s to a third year of anime. And hopefully many, many more.

Sincerely,

LofZOdyssey

                Google+                          Facebook                            Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment